GDPR and fox contact

More
07 Mar 2018 11:06 - 19 Apr 2018 16:32 #1 by gobe
gobe created the topic: GDPR and fox contact
Hi, I am evaluating contact extensions and I like very much your fox contact, but I'm also concerned about the new EU legislation regarding privacy, the GDPR.
It's all about explicit consent to send personal data and also freedom to know what personal info a site has and to remove it from a site.
I'm checking other components as well and read this:
https://www.rsjoomla.com/blog/view/433-create-gdpr-compliant-forms-in-joomla-with-rsformpro.html
For that I am very worried, is it really required to provide a system to automatically remove personal data with a click on a link?
And, most important, is there really a requirement to let users subscribe to your site in order to view data stored on site?
This way all the contact forms would on Joomla would require a subscription !?!?
And what about fox contact, in case I buy it I am covered? Does it already have these features or are they planned?
thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Mar 2018 11:20 #2 by stephen jones
stephen jones replied the topic: GDPR and fox contact
Is there a way to not store email data in the database please? RS Forms offers this and it goes a long way with gdpr for small businesses i found out yesterday.

thanks

More
09 Apr 2018 08:23 #3 by Giora Shimoni
Giora Shimoni replied the topic: GDPR and fox contact
Hi Demis
Can I also get the answers for the GDPR?

Best Regards,

--Giora

More
09 Apr 2018 09:58 #4 by denis
denis replied the topic: GDPR and fox contact
Ciao Demis,

idem per me. Posso avere info in merito al GDPR / Fox Contact?

grazie 1000
denis

More
19 Apr 2018 17:06 #5 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Demis [Fox-Labs] replied the topic: GDPR and fox contact

is it really required to provide a system to automatically remove personal data with a click on a link?

No. The law only requires that you give your users an easy way to request data deletion. The case of "automated self deletion" is not mentioned by the text of the law.

is there really a requirement to let users subscribe to your site in order to view data stored on site?

Again, no. The law only requires that users have the right to obtain access to their personal data and you must provide a copy of the information free of charge.
From there it’s just up to you to be responsive and give him a copy of his personal data in an standard electronic format.

Is there a way to not store email data in the database please?

Yes, there is. If you are OK with just receiving an email and don't need a record of the data collected on your server, then simply don’t store the data into the database. This eliminates any question of GDPR compliance.
Just go to the Actions tab of the form and switch off the "Save to database" action.
In addition Fox Contact now implements the option "Delete on completion" in the Attachments field, which prevents from storing the attachments into the web hosting space. Just edit the Attachments field and enable it.

First, please read carefully our detailed guidelines: " GDPR Compliant Forms ".

Keep in mind that not all your forms are necessarily going to be impacted by the GDPR, and honestly, the most of them actually don't. Pay particular attention to the section #2 of the document indicated above: "2. What kind of forms do you need to worry about?", which describes the cases not subjected to the GDPR regulation.
In this case you don't even need to establish or verify the identity of the users.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rita, Giora Shimoni, denis