Google ReCaptcha v2 with FoxContact

More
14 Feb 2018 09:51 #1 by Chris Moden
Google ReCaptcha v2 with FoxContact was created by Chris Moden
Hi,

I've been a user of FoxContact for years, but recently I've been getting alot of spam, even with Captcha enabled and a big list of keywords blocked in the anti-spam section.

My manager is now insisting that I add Google ReCaptcha v2 to the form, but the FoxContact system doesn't give the option for this. Is adding the latest version possible with your component? I'm on the latest version, but see nowhere I can select/configure this option. From what I've read, Google are discontinuing v1 in March, so it'd be good to know if using v2 would be an option.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2018 19:02 #2 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Replied by Demis [Fox-Labs] on topic Google ReCaptcha v2 with FoxContact
Fox Contact implements Google ReCaptcha through the API provided by Joomla.
You can try it by downloading the latest version (3.8) and installing it on Joomla 3.8.
But since your site runs Joomla 2.5, I'm afraid that there isn't any solution out of the box to enable Google ReCaptcha.

However, we are working on huge improvements in anti-spam features, but for obvious reasons, I don't have a time frame for that yet.
Of course, you will be one of the first to know when anything changes on the status of that feature.

More
15 Feb 2018 08:44 #3 by Chris Moden
Replied by Chris Moden on topic Google ReCaptcha v2 with FoxContact
Is it possible to custom update the codebase for FoxContact to allow the use of ReCaptcha v2?

I now have my Joomla system itself working with v2, but FoxContact doesn't display that later version.
I've been given instructions on updating 3rd party components to call the later version, but looking through the FoxContact files, the code itself looks quite complex for the ReCaptcha part.

Can you provide a service to modify this code? I'd be happy to pay for this bespoke service.
Let me know and I can PM the instructions I have.