Email field

More
27 Jan 2018 11:30 #1 by Midhat
Email field was created by Midhat
Hi,
In the fields email and name I turned on: "Retrieve the value from logged in user profile". However, users can still type a different name and email.
Can I make the name and email can not be changed if the user is registered?

Regards,
Midhat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2018 17:42 #2 by Midhat
Replied by Midhat on topic Email field
Why is support so slow?
- I sent a January 25 pre-sale question and I have not received an answer yet.
- I decided to buy component (without answer) on January 26th and that day I sent another question with an email I did not receive an answer again.
- On January 25, I opened a forum topic and no answer yet

I think this is unacceptable for a component that has a score: 100 on a JED. What's the problem?

Regards,
Midhat

More
31 Jan 2018 21:46 - 31 Jan 2018 21:53 #3 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Replied by Demis [Fox-Labs] on topic Email field
Please accept my apologies for the delay. Details about your question sent through private message.

Now about your problem.
Retrieving the value from logged in user profile is intended to simplify the task to logged in users, but like any other default value, it can be edited by the user before submitting the form.

However, it's possible to hide the name field with a simple css rule. Users won't see that field, and won't be able to edit it.
I can guide you through this process if you want to try it.

I've moved your topic under "Feature requests" section, since we are planning to improve this kind of field to work as you described without the need of a css line, but I don't have a time frame for that yet.

Of course, you will be one of the first to know if and when anything changes on the status of that feature.

More
01 Feb 2018 08:00 #4 by Midhat
Thank you for answer,

How can I hide the name and email field with a simple css rule?

More
02 Feb 2018 02:53 #5 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Fox Contact identifies each field with a unique id, that can be referenced with css rules.
In your case the field "name", is identified by
#fox-c1493-name-box
therefore, simply add this css rules to your favourite existing stylesheet file:
#fox-c1493-name-box
{
display: none;
}

If you want to apply this trick to all your forms, use the selector ".fox-item-name" instead:
.fox-item-name
{
}

More
02 Feb 2018 08:16 #6 by Midhat
I tried but did not work.
- I added this to template css, and tried also in letter-bright.css not working in any case
- Is this possible to apply to a one fox form, and on other fox forms names and email fields are still visible?

Thanks for help

More
04 Feb 2018 14:16 #7 by Demis [Fox-Labs]

Is this possible to apply to a one fox form, and on other fox forms names and email fields are still visible?

Yes, it is. In this case consider the first example, where the form id is mentioned.
#fox-c1493-name-box
{
}

This works for the form present at the URL you mentioned in your first request (Obrazac za rezervaciju planinarske ture).
If you are working on a different form, the id is different. You can see the correct id either in your joomla back-end menu item, or reading it in the front-end html source.

Putting that code in letter-bright.css stylesheet will not work, because for what I see, at the URL mentioned you are using the default Fox Contact css, which is bootstrap.css (not letter-bright.css). You should add the code to bootstrap.css instead.

Putting it to the template css should work as well. I see that your template loads several stylesheets. Which template file did you edit exactly?

More
04 Feb 2018 16:30 - 04 Feb 2018 16:59 #8 by Midhat
Solved,
Thank you

More
04 Feb 2018 17:53 #9 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Great! you did it!
You will be automatically notified when a more specific "Joomla user" options will be available.