Load form with prefilled fields via link - how?

More
23 May 2017 21:58 - 26 Jul 2017 16:11 #1 by gba
Hi!

How can I load a form page with some fields already dynamically filled in.
i.e. AIContactSave had such "tags", which I could use in articles; these "tag" generated a link in the content, showing to the form with given field default value(s). They called is "contact save link" - it was a plugin.

Kind regards,
Gerald

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 May 2017 22:01 - 03 Jun 2017 23:13 #2 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Replied by Demis [Fox-Labs] on topic Load form with prefilled fields via link - how?
Hi Gerald,
could you please explain further what you are trying to achieve, and your how pre-filled input could help you?

More
23 May 2017 22:20 #3 by gba
Hi!

Thank you for your quick reply!
The function, I have in mind, is like the one of this plugin here for another contact form component:
https://www.algisinfo.com/en/tutorials/aicontactsafe/5-aicontactsafelink.html

Kind regards,
Gerald

More
24 May 2017 10:15 #4 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Replied by Demis [Fox-Labs] on topic Load form with prefilled fields via link - how?
Currently Fox Contact does not support automatic field filling on the fly, but you can specify a predefined value in the field properties

The field will automatically be populated with the predefined value. The user is free to change or clean out what is proposed.

More
25 May 2017 08:56 #5 by gba
Hi!

I know that feature.
But I need to fill in the form dynamically - like the plugin for the other contact form does using plugin tags in articles.
Any idea?

Kind regards,
Gerald

More
25 May 2017 11:08 - 25 May 2017 11:08 #6 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Gerald,
in this case I'm not sure that I have understand your request.

What does it mean "fill in the form dynamically"? Dynamically based on what exactly?

More
25 May 2017 14:20 #7 by gba
Hi! :)

i.e. open this page:
http://www.stuetzner.at/index.php/industrie/36-bau/106-angelernte-r-bauarbeiterin
and click on 'jetzt bewerben >' at the bottom -> the first form field is filled in with the job title.

now open another page:
http://www.stuetzner.at/index.php/industrie/36-bau/110-turmdrehkranfahrerin
and again click on 'jetzt bewerben >' -> the first form field is filled in with the other job title.

The link 'jetzt bewerben >' is generated by the plugin mentioned and in backend looks like:
{aicontactsafelink text = <span style="font-size: 1.4em; font-weight: bold;">jetzt bewerben &gt;</span> | pf = 1 | aics_jobwunsch = TurmdrehkranführerIn | aics_message = Anmerkungen | Itemid=116}

Is that more clear now?

Kind regards,
Gerald

More
27 May 2017 19:04 #8 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Yes, thanks.
For what I understand, it's a method to determine from what page the enquiry originates.
I see that you have almost 20 different pages that point to the same form, and I agree with your idea to recycle the same form.

Unfortunately the current version does not implement this feature.
Anyway, It sounds good, and we are going to add it as soon as possible.
Would you be available to test an early access version?

More
27 May 2017 19:28 #9 by gba
Yes, of course.
You're very welcome.

More
14 Jun 2017 12:17 #10 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Hi Gerald, did you receive my email on 4 June with the new version that includes this feature?