How do I implement conditional fields?

More
10 Nov 2013 09:20 #21 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Replied by Demis [Fox-Labs] on topic How do I implement conditional fields?
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid that currently this is not possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Nov 2013 01:03 #22 by Robert Gilbey
Replied by Robert Gilbey on topic How do I implement conditional fields?
Can I at least put a custom HTML Message above a particular field? I personally think this would be a nice feature to include in the commercial version which I purchased - using version 2.5.6.

http://www.ultravolt.com/customer-service

In this example, I want a block of text above Comments field that says the following:

If you do not know the exact part number that will meet your needs, please provide us your desired input voltage, output voltage/wattage, polarity, and application in the "Comments" field below. This will help ensure proper service and expedite your request.

Let me know if/how this can be done. Thanks.

More
03 Jul 2014 09:53 #23 by Adam Balcerzak
Replied by Adam Balcerzak on topic How do I implement conditional fields?
Conditional fields are necessary. It's is great extension, but I cannot do without conditional fields and in many cases I have to use Google Forms ;(

More
07 Jul 2014 02:46 - 07 Jul 2014 02:48 #24 by Graeme Moffat
Replied by Graeme Moffat on topic How do I implement conditional fields?

Can I at least put a custom HTML Message above a particular field?

This should work for 2.5.6
Add this to the xml files as described in adding-more-fields directly after the "customhtml1" group
<field name="customhtml2" type="textarea" filter="raw" rows="4" cols="48" label="COM_FOXCONTACT_TEXT_EXTRA_LBL" description="COM_FOXCONTACT_TEXT_EXTRA_DSC"/>
<field name="customhtml2display" type="hidden" default="1"/>
<field name="customhtml2order" type="text" label="JFIELD_ORDERING_LABEL" description="" size="5" default="50"/>
Add this to your language file, /administrator/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_foxcontact.ini (replace en-GB with your language code if it's not UK English - and translate if needed)
COM_FOXCONTACT_TEXT_EXTRA_LBL="Extra text line"
COM_FOXCONTACT_TEXT_EXTRA_DSC="A stand-alone line of text which can be placed anywhere in the form"
Add this to /components/com_foxcontact/helpers/fieldsbuilder.php around line 122 (after a similar line with "1" instead)
$this->LoadField("customhtml", 2);

More
19 Jul 2014 17:43 #25 by Tim Myerson
Replied by Tim Myerson on topic How do I implement conditional fields?
Um, I'm feeling (no I know!) I'm missing something obvious but having made the suggested modifications how exactly do I define the text that I want displayed?

Any pointers (simple instructions) would be very gratefully received.

More
20 Jul 2014 13:35 #26 by Graeme Moffat
If you've done it correctly (and assuming I haven't made any typos :-), you should see this in the backend
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim Myerson

More
20 Jul 2014 13:57 - 20 Jul 2014 14:14 #27 by Tim Myerson
I knew I was missing the obvious. It is, of course, there and it works perfectly, I can even use the field to display an image - simple stuff, but so satisfying to work that out too!

Thank you very much and I appreciate your patience!

More
20 Jul 2014 15:01 #28 by Graeme Moffat

I can even use the field to display an image

It's never occurred to me that an image could be used - that would have to be true for the 'Page top' and 'Page bottom' text as well. It's just HTML, after all.

More
20 Jul 2014 17:03 #29 by Tim Myerson
Can I create additional fields for Page Top and Page Bottom in the same way?

Also I can't see the 'width of checkbox text' in the .css - when I 'inspect' the active site (Firefox Developer Tools) I see the following:

It seems I need to modify the code to affect line css.html:416 which is:
div#foxcontainer_c118 input, div#foxcontainer_c118 label.checkbox {
width: 270px;
}
but how can I do that? I thought that it would be in the bootstrap.css so I have created a copy of bootstrap.css and have chosen that under 'Advanced Options' but there is no such line, or even the number 275 within that file so where should I be looking please?
Attachments:

More
22 Jul 2014 09:55 - 30 Aug 2014 03:06 #30 by Graeme Moffat

Can I create additional fields for Page Top and Page Bottom in the same way?

Yes. Copy the customhtml2 fields twice more, replacing every 2 with 3&4. Add the "LoadField" line twice more with "3" & "4" (this step is no longer necessary in the latest versions). Note that the "Ordering" values for the Page top (-1000) & bottom (1000) are hidden, but you could change them in the xml (or even make them visible - look at the "customhtml2order" field for clues).

Also I can't see the 'width of checkbox text' in the .css

Ha! There's another file in /media/com_foxcontact/css/bootstrap.css. But this value is dynamically loaded in, and is taken from the backend value set for text fields.
If you want a width different from the text fields, it's not hard to do that - if you only have one form, you could even hard-code it into the css by replacing the entire <php ... ?> with your value (don't forget the px).

EDIT: It's foxcontact.css, not bootstrap.css I forgot the name has changed.