× Support requests and general discussions

Tracking Contact Form Enquiries with Google Analytics

More
24 Aug 2012 10:11 - 27 Jun 2013 11:51 #1 by Clement Tay
Clement Tay created the topic: Tracking Contact Form Enquiries with Google Analytics
Hey Guys,

Some of you might be facing the same issues as I have.

Problem: Trying to get Google Analytics to track Fox Contact Submissions.
Fox contact is great, it reloads the page and it's super easy to setup.

Setting up your contact form:

1. Create a new article that your users will see upon successful submission of their enquiry
2. Create a menu item for this article as a single article. The menu can be a hidden menu that is not published anywhere on your site, make sure that under "Menu Options", Target Window is selected as "New without navigation".
3. Setup your contact form (either as a menu item or a module)
4. Under your settings where it says basic options..form fields..etc.., Click on Events.
5. Change "After a successful submission show" to "A custom thank you page"
6. Select "Thank You Page" as the menu item that you created in step 2.

Things to note, get the URL for:
1. Contact form url BEFORE submission of the contact form, this is usually dependent on your menu item alias which I believe for most will end up as ...contact.html
2. Contact form url AFTER submission of the contact form, this will usually be the alias of the menu item you created above in step 2. This should probably be contact-thank-you.html

Now create a URL Destination Goal on Google Analytics
It should be created as a multi-step/funnel goal.
Your goal page will be the url in #2 above.

Remember that you'll only see these results 24 hours after Google first tracks these so you might not see data immediately.

Also, even though I was tracking a single level domain (www.website.com/site), in all my goal URLs, I had to make sure the url was "/site/contact-thank-you.html", so if it doesn't work for you after 24 hours, try to add the directory path in as well.

Let me know if you need help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Demis [Fox-Labs]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2012 00:23 - 27 Jun 2013 12:08 #2 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Demis [Fox-Labs] replied the topic: Tracking Contact Form Enquiries with Google Analytics
Thank you clementtay for sharing this information. Other users found your post useful and told me.

More
05 Mar 2013 11:18 #3 by harry
harry replied the topic: Adding Tracking Code...
Hi...

How would you add Google Adwords conversion tracking code to the page the form?

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks,
Harry

More
27 Jun 2013 03:42 #4 by Scott Webb
Scott Webb replied the topic: Add Tracking Code to Submit Button
I have been asked by my client to add tracking code to the submit button on the contact form. The code is as follows:

_gaq.push();

Any idea how and where to go to do this?

It will go on the following form: http://www.havingbabies.com/patient-resources/free-seminars/

Thanks in advance for any assistance...Scott
WebsitePhysician.com

More
27 Jun 2013 12:13 #5 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Demis [Fox-Labs] replied the topic: Add Tracking Code to Submit Button

More
12 Apr 2019 11:11 #6 by Edelo97
Edelo97 replied the topic: Tracking Contact Form Enquiries with Google Analytics
I was really concerned about the success of my new brand so did a lot of results and found that the impact of internet marketing is really great on major brands. I had hired the social media marketing and Adwords Campaign Management services. Truly, the results are absolutely great.