Thank you message

More
04 Jun 2011 23:47 - 04 Feb 2014 12:57 #1 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Demis [Fox-Labs] created the topic: Thank you message
A "thank you" response is triggered when a submission ends successfully, which means that all form data was valid and the message was sent to the administrator.

The following behaviors are allowed
  1. Show a "thank you text". You'll need to provide the text to show (see below).
  2. Go directly to a custom "thank you page". You'll need to indicate an existing page to redirect to (see below).
  3. Show a "thank you text" for 5 seconds, then automatically redirect to a custom "thank you page". You'll need to provide both the thank you text, and the existing page to redirect to.

Thank you text
HTML code is allowed.
In addition, starting from version 2.2, a summary of the form data issued will be shown to the submitter.

Thank you page
Choose your own page between existing menu items.
There is no way yet to specify an external link, but feel free to post on "Feature request" section if you really need to redirect the user to an external URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vindy
26 Jul 2011 09:30 #2 by Vindy
Vindy replied the topic: Thank you message
Sorry sir, if i want to get the "Thank you tex" faster like 3 seconds, then automatically redirect to a custom "thank you page". How to make it? Thank you sir

More
26 Jul 2011 11:01 - 26 Jul 2011 11:03 #3 by Demis [Fox-Labs]
Demis [Fox-Labs] replied the topic: Thank you message
Edit the following file
For 1.9 version edit components/com_foxcontact/lib/functions.php
For 1.8 version edit components/com_foxcontact/views/foxcontact/view.html.php
// Show thank you message and redirect after 5 seconds
header("refresh:5;url=" . $link);

• Vindy
27 Jul 2011 05:46 #4 by Vindy
Vindy replied the topic: Thank you message
Thank you so much for the answer sir... :)

• Jeppe
26 Aug 2011 17:14 #5 by Jeppe
Jeppe replied the topic: Thank you message
HI... I have four checkboxes in my form...

Can you maybe give me some directions on how to adjust the code, so that I can show a different Thank you text, depending on what checkboxes are checked out?

Don't worry about the code it self, but cant seem to find my around all your files (not an experienced coder), and would love to get some directions on where to make the adjustments...

Really hope you can help! And by the way, GREAT work ! Really a well functioning extension in all ways!

Cheers

Jeppe